Murray River Seed Co.
Murray River Seed Co.-Principal Plant Breeder
PRINCIPAL PLANT BREEDER
ALBURY, NSW AUSTRALIA
Murray River Seed Co. is a new generation vegetable seed company located on the fertile soils of the Murray River in Albury, NSW, Australia.
The company is founded by vegetable seed industry professionals who strive to do things differently, with agility and a true customer focus. Combining science with an entrepreneurial spirit allows Murray River Seed Co. to bring innovative products to our customers around the world.
We are seeking an exceptional person to take up the newly created position of Principal Plant Breeder.
- Work closely with company leadership, to translate market needs and future trends into vision and breeding targets. Create new innovative products that customers want to buy
- Line and Hybrid development for selected segments of Watermelon, Melon, Brassica, according to company business plans
- Deliver varieties to the market using a combination of both traditional breeding and
- Collect, evaluate and select germplasm for new segments and improve varieties output of existing breeding programs
- Manage breeding programs at our main site in Albury and our secondary site in Goulburn, NSW
- Travel internationally to the major markets, as needed
- Lead, support, and direct the breeding team, personnel and all breeding related activities including small scale seed production.
- Must have business acumen, be entrepreneurial and be committed to long term success. A scientist, businessperson and artist, all in one!
- PhD in plant breeding or genetics, or Masters and B.Science with equivalent experience
- Must be able to make sound judgments and quick decisions and have talents to influence all
company and industry stakeholders
- In depth working knowledge of horticulture, agronomy, genetics, pathology and statistics
- Excellent communication skills and English proficiency
- Good computer skills, and ability to find and apply “off the shelf” data management tools, statistical software, molecular and cell biology tools among others.
We will offer the right person a very competitive compensation package, the freedom to create and the support to succeed. All of this while living in the beautiful Albury area where the lifestyle is world class.
To apply for this position, please send an email to: email@example.com